5/24/09

guess who's back

oh hey i didn't see you come in

It's been awhile since I've posted, and you're probably thinking that means I haven't been working on my RPG, right? Right! Sort of!

Recently I've experimented with the idea of making my own maps. Using the standard RTP makes my RPG look like everybody else's, and there aren't many tilesets out there. This leaves me with two choices. Either I can draw my own maps from scratch in photoshop, or I can make my own tileset. The first one is a HUGE pain in the ass (as one might imagine), but it allows exponentially more freedom when it comes to maps. However, in order to implement objects you can walk under (such as trees, bridges, etc), I'd have to make those into a tileset ANYWAY. So chances are I'll just be making my own tileset. Though for now I'm just using the base one so I can get my maps and ideas done before I start with the most laborious thing anyone has ever done.

On the actual productivity side, I've basically finished my gem forging system. That's...about it. Not a whole lotta work has gone into this RPG, partially because of my rekindling with Diablo 2 and Pokemon Platinum. Well, Pokemon Platinum is new, but still. Kindling.

No comments:

Post a Comment